Pain Awareness Month
Pain Awareness Month was created to increase awareness about the effects of pain and to educate citizens about the advanced treatment options available to help alleviate pain.
Facts About Pain
- Pain affects more Americans than diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined.
- Workers lose an average of 4.6 hours per week of productive time due to a pain condition.
- An estimated 20 percent of American adults report that pain or discomfort disrupts their sleep a few nights a week or more.
- 80 percent of people in the United States will experience back pain at some point in their lives.
- Besides the common cold, back pain is the number one reason people visit their family doctors.
- 83 million Americans indicate that pain affects basic functioning in their everyday lives.
- Pain is a warning sign that indicates a problem that needs attention.
- Pain starts in receptor nerve cells located beneath the skin and in organs throughout the body.
- Living with pain can be debilitating and adversely affect everyday life.
AT CPS WE OFFER A MULTIDISCIPLINARY EVALUATION AND CREATE AN INDIVIDUALIZED TREATMENT PLAN FOR EACH PATIENT.
- Nerve Blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Electrical Stimulation
- Pain Control Medications
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- And much more!
We are committed to meeting your individual needs by providing you with high-quality care and personal attention.